Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Stella Artois

I would just like to take a quick moment to thank my beautiful parents for making it possible for me to be here in Argentina.

That being said, I'M STAYING ANOTHER SEMESTER!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Sorry I haven't been posting lately. Life is sooooooooooo exhausting! Okay I'm gonna post some pictures here real quick (to hold you over 'til next post) and then shower and then go to San Telmo and then hopefully get this Spanish presentation done. Good? Good.



In the suburb of Temperley, lunch in the backyard

Fresh arugula and oregano from the garden, eating fruit fresh off the trees

Day trip to San Isidro

Visiting house of famous Argentine author, Victoria Ocampo. Later found out that my friend Juan is distantly related to her. Small world........

San Isidro, young love

Bus home from San Telmo on Halloween. Spooooooky!

Another tango class at IUNA de movimiento

Well dressed man riding the 59 to work, Recoleta

Preparation.....

Product! Friend Mariano made agnolotti (spelling?) and it was probably one of the most delicious things I've had in this country

PorteNo mate addiction....



In Once (own-say) neighborhood, while practicing our choreography for our tango show- which no, I am NOT telling you the date of- this beautiful couple was practicing some tango as well.
Oh! By the way, tango is actually, finally, getting to be really fun. I've got once-a-week private tango classes and it's soooooooo great! Last week we danced to this tango-hiphop fusion thing. As much as I'd like to believe I'm actually getting to be really good, truth is that having a good lead makes ALL the difference. With my tango group in my class at IUNA, we have to create an 8 minute dance using one milonga song and one tango song. There are two guys (yankees), three argentine girls, and myself. For our milonga song we're using "Se dice de mi."
Here's a link to see the song done by the fabulous Tita Merello in the movie "Abasto:"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E82nc_sU85M


Entonces, time to attempt being productive.
Beso.

No comments:

Post a Comment