Sunday, February 13, 2011

Tranquilo

Street performers at the San Telmo Fair

5:15 seems as good a time as any to do a new blog post, no?
After some recent medical annoyances, I've called attention to the fact that I need to take better care of myself. As such, this weekend has been veeerrry relaxed. My roommates are even out of town which means lots of listening to music and dancing and cooking in my underwear.
Oh, and painting too. I spent about 3 hours last night working on this accordion player's hand. Still haven't quite got it.
Getting adjusted in living in a hotel/apartment downtown Buenos Aires with other English speakers has been a tough transition, definitely, but it's really convenient to be a five minute speed walk from class. Oh, did I mention I go to class this semester on the third floor of a mall? And our meal plan basically consists of food-court coupons? And Hulk Hogan is one of my professors? Okay that last part not so much, but still. Weird. Almost as weird as looking at pictures on facebook of snowstorms back home after just coming from barrel-rolling down a hill at the park. Or getting a massage on a professional chair by a man named Sergio in the street during the San Telmo fair.
Can you hear that? That's the opening music of twilight zone....
Okay going to bed now.
Chau!

No comments:

Post a Comment